Saturday, May 9, 2009

Our story-by Whitney

Eric and I first met through Life Bible Church out in Harrisburg Oregon. At the beginning of the school year Life Bible started a college ministry called Life 101 on the University of Oregon Campus. Eric and I immediately got involved. 
 When we met it was apparent that we had the same heart for the Lord and shared many of the same desires. Every service wether on campus or out at life bible, Eric was there. He didn't just stand by but rather was in the front leading. The fruit of his faith was all over his life weather in his heart for worship or in running media at life 101. His passion for the Lord really drew me in. I started noticing him but did not do anything about it. As we got to know each other we started talking about car pooling out to church. The drive is just under a half and hour for both of us because of living in Eugene.
Every spring break Life Bible takes a group to Mexico to build houses. Eric had gone the year before, we both had talked about going this year. The first meeting about the Mexico trip was on a sunday and in order to go I had to miss triathlon practice. I decided to ride my bike to church in order to get my training in and go to the meeting. I called Eric to see if he would drive my car out. This way I could put my bike on my car and get a ride home. He came by to get my car, we both went to the meeting and headed back to town. 
On the way back in he ask if I wanted to go to lunch. We had gone out in groups before so I said yes. We went to a local place that is a college favorite called dough co. We went and ordered but then he paid. At this point it dawned on me this wasn't just a friends thing.
We both started to realized that we had much more in common then we initially thought. When we met in my spirit I just knew that he was the one for me. The more and more we got to know each other this proved true time and time again. On that first date he looked me in the eye and in all seriousness said, "I love you."
It was all I could do not to laugh, honestly it really freaked me out. I never though something like this would happen to me but it did and it still amazing me every day. This has been something that only God could to.  After that first date Eric went and asked pastor Jess for his over sight in our relationship. It has been so good to have our pastors insight and supervision. Over time we grew so close and it did not take long to realize this was it. He was not joking when he told me that he loved me. I am amazed by the way he loves me every day. Everyday he loves me in a new way, everyday he finds a way to show that he cares, everyday no matter how I look or feel he says "Your so beautiful!"
God brought us together, blessed us and called it good. I feel so privileged to have a man like Eric in my life. He is a man of the Lord and I am blessed by him daily. My heart delights when I see him worship and do the things that God has been put in his heart. We are both so excited to see what God is going to do with us and how He will work through us!

No comments:

Post a Comment